Lazing around in Luang Prabang.


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
October 27th 2008
Published: October 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in luxury on the Mekong River after a 2 day cruise for which I slept most of the time. Lazy stuff I know but it appeared the best mode of transport from Thailand. Luang Prabang is listed on the world herritage towns and was the first city in Laos I visited. It is a nice place and very resort like. Spent most of the day ambling along the streets which still retain a distinct French flavour from the Indochina thing.

The next morning I, of all people, was up at 5.00am to watch and join in the daily monk parade where monks line up along the streets to accdept food donations from the locals. It seems an interesting way to support the community... buy food fro the monks who take it to the temple to feed themselves and the not so fortunate. Was trrying for a 'professional' photo but its not likely that any worked so well i nthe end.

Next I went to Kuang Sii Waterfalls which is about an hour away. They are awesome and there is a place for swimming.

Went to see a traditional Lao dance at night, which I was inpressed with the colourul costumes, and afterwards went to a disco which was somewhat of a 1960's experience....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.071s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb