Luang Prabang & Vang Vieng


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
July 25th 2008
Published: July 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Robyn CavingRobyn CavingRobyn Caving

This was the main cave we went into.
After we the Gibbon Experience we headed for Luang Prabang by slow boat. We managed to get ourselves a nice semi-private slowboat for the two day trip. We shared with an American family, a Swiss family and some random laos people. The scenery along the trip was fantastic and the boat trip was comfortable.

We stopped for a night in Pak Beng. It was our worsed night of the trip as the power is only on from 6pm-10pm and our room was really hot. We also had some friendly roosters who didn't know what time it was all through the night.

We had a brief stop at Pak Ou Caves before arriving safely in Luang Prabang. We found ourselves a guesthouse and spent the next few days relaxing with a little exploring.

We took a minivan to Vang Vieng yesterday. The road wasn't the best, it was steep through the hills, some parts had been washed out, there were slips and pot holes. Going through villages is always an adverture as there are always animals on the road. The dogs generally move but we have to go around the cows.

Vang Vieng is a really beautiful place
Gary at the water caveGary at the water caveGary at the water cave

There was too much water so we couldn't go inside this cave. The swim was great and the water was really fresh.
but is over run with backpackers. Today we took a caving and tubing tour with a fantastic guide. We saw three caves but one was underwater as there has been so much rain. The tubing was fun, along the side of the river there are bars with swings and jumps to use.

Tomorrow we are heading to Vientiane it's a 3.5 hour bus ride and it's also downstream from here so we are going to kayak, we are looking forward to it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

The Elephant CaveThe Elephant Cave
The Elephant Cave

This is the elephant cave named as the shape of an elephant has been naturally formed.
The Tubes have arrivedThe Tubes have arrived
The Tubes have arrived

How everything travels in Loas.


26th July 2008

Great Photos!
Your trip so far sounds so energetic but you are obviously having fun.

Tot: 0.309s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 20; qc: 81; dbt: 0.2181s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb