Beautiful Luang Prabang


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
February 6th 2007
Published: February 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We've spent some wonderful days in Luang Prabang. Unfortunately only 2 full days, we should have planed for more but we need to make our way to Thailand.
The city is very peaceful and there are lots of nice places to visit: the old royal complex, with and excellent exhibiton of modern laos art, a night market that includes a food market where we've had freshly BBQed fish and chicken and saussage for several meal. Combined with stands that served veggie dishes and Beer Laos we had put together quite a feast.
On our second day we went on boat trip up the river to the Pak ou caves, which houses old buddha statues that are not in use anymore. I very much enjoyed the boat trip even though it was a little "fresh" first thing in the morning.
In the afternoon we caught a bus to see a waterfall and visit a Tigersanctuary. The waterfall was unbelievably beautiful and Terry even went for a very refreshing swim in one of the natural pool lower down.
Luang Prabang is so far probably my favorite spot in South East Asia and I can only recommend to go and spend some time there.
We'll be moving on by slow boat up the Mekong to the Thai border.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

More sunsetsMore sunsets
More sunsets

I still can't get enough!


Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.017s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb