Champasak


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » South » Champasak
August 9th 2010
Published: August 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After getting back to Pakse, we randomly ran into Duck, a Korean guy we met previously in Luang Prabang. We were planning on ridding to Champasak that evening, and he wanted to come with us. Unfortunately, all the rental places were out of motor bikes, so after trying to find a bike for him for like 2 hours, we gave up and put him on the back of Fanny's bike and set off for Champasak. The road was kind of cool, but it got dark quickly and we missed our turn off, so we ended up riding an extra 18 km. We got to this small town by the river, which we had to cross, and put our bikes on a small ferry, which was 2 dingy boats with some wood put across. It was pitch dark but the whole experience was amazing.
We spend a night in a guesthouse in Champasak on the bank by the river and set off for the ruins the next morning. The ruins are pre-Angkorian and really nice. The setting is amazing, as the ruins are on a side of a mountain. It rained like hell when we got there, so we hid from rain right next to the temple at the top overlooking the plain below. Fantastic!
We had lunch and rode back to Pakse, crossing the river again on the flimsy ferry.
Next stop - Don Khon Island.


Additional photos below
Photos: 54, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0231s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb