More Luang Probang!


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » North
August 12th 2010
Published: August 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After saying our goodbyes to Joe and Rhian on Tuesday night we got up early on Wednesday for our bike and Kayak tour! We set off at 9am on a minibus for just a few minutes before meeting our personal guide for the day and picking up our bikes. Sycon, our guide was great and spoke very good English, always a good start! We set off for around an hour long cycle which was tough in places, especially as i was unknowingly in the highest gear for the first 20 minutes! We arrived at the river around 11 and picked up our kayaks to take us to the waterfalls we'd been the day before. We weren't disappointed to be going back as it's so so beautiful there!

After 45 mins messing around in the water we had lunch which was some really tasty rice and chicken and set off down the mekong on our Kayaks which was really chilled. Was great chatting to Sycon and learning more about Laos history and the way people live there lives! The trip took around 2 hours before Sycon let us know that there were some rapids coming up! Having not Kayaked in a long time or ever on rapids i was understandably apprehensive but me and Yas did a pretty good job of negotiating some pretty big waves!

Once back at the hotel we went for a wonder around before having a nice dinner and looking in the market where i picked up a little wooden elephant and a painting and Yas got a bangle!

This morning after a lie in we went for a coffee and some breakfast before tacking Luang Probang's highest temple, some 300 steps up a cliff! Was well worth the walk once we saw the breathtaking views of the city. We then decided to pick up some bikes and cycled around a bit and saw more of the rivers and local people. We then went for our second full massage of the trip so far, was sooo good and so cheap (around 4 quid each for an hour!). We then took our bikes and went for a coffee and are now in a cafe! Tonight we're going to go for some drinks and a meal and tomorrow hoping to go to an even bigger waterfall tomorrow! Tonight also marks the halfway point of our trip which is strange, just hope the second half is as good as the first!

Jamie and Yasmin xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb