sun day 107


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » North » Muang Ngoi Neua
May 9th 2015
Published: May 9th 2015
Edit Blog Post

After a good nights sleep and coming to the conclusion that the trekking tours they offer here are far too expensive and that the only option left is to go exploring ourselves, that's what we did! So, with Katya deciding not to travel any further north which was a real shame we parted company. Saying goodbye to my last travel buddy from the 2 day Mekong river trip was sad. Had spent a really lovely time together exploring Laos. I was happy to continue north for a few days as was Hayley so we would be leaving Nong Khiaw today at 1pm to go to Muang Ngoi. Katya and I went out for breakfast together and had a really nice chat over a bowl of porridge/muesli then walked back to the guesthouse to say our goodbyes. Hayley and I made our way to the boat pier and squeezed ourselves on a tightly packed very narrow long tail boat! Travelling along past some beautiful scenery similar to that of the Mekong - water buffalo, children playing in the river, small villages, adults fishing etc. It was very scenic. An hour and a half later and we had arrived. Walking up from the boat we quickly found a nice guesthouse and put down our heavy bags. We headed out into Muang Ngoi and walked 2 minutes to the main 'road' by road I mean a very unmade dirt track - very narrow, no traffic and full of chickens, dogs and children. We stopped off at a bar for a couple of drinks and in the evening headed back to our room to relax and plan tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0709s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb