ZZZZzzzzzzzzz


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » North » Luang Namtha
July 13th 2012
Published: August 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This sleepy old town had me fooled. By day it was a quiet old town, a bit like in the old Western movies where nothing much goes on in the bars and restaurants and everything was empty and we seemed to outnumber the locals on the streets. Not much to do apart from treking or visit the temple. The first option was out of the question following our Thailand experience so we went to visit yet another temple that we could see up in the hills. On our way back, what a transformation! There was a slight bizz in the town, all the locals had crept out of hiding and were eating and drinking outside their homes and restaurants. At this point we were starving, so the main aim was to go straight to our guesthouse, change and then eat. However we kept getting stopped by the locals to join them for a drink of rice wine (how could we resist!). One family had nearly 20 people in the house kids, parents, grandparents all laughing and joking and being so hostpitable.

We learned there was a club and expected to turn up and find us and 5 other people there.
CuteCuteCute

The baby only went to Cotty!
To our surprise, this place was heaving with locals and so much energy as opposed to 8 hours before when we were getting bored with nothing to do.

The Laos people are full of surprises....

Checking Out

Rajy x


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



19th August 2012
more locals

So so cute!
Hiya huny Those kids look amazingly cute! You guys seemed to have had a blast together. Hopefully you are great in Cambodia - can't wait to read the next installment xx

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb