12th November 2009


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » North » Luang Namtha
November 12th 2009
Published: November 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post


Wow! Sitting here in a treehouse 40m off the ground looking at some seriously amazing views over the rain forest!
Treehouse 3 is to be our home for the next two nights, I'm teamed with my American friends so it's worked out very well. We started the day with a kind of safety brief video and then were bundled into vans for the 2 hour ride to the outskirts of the Laos forest, 1 hour offroad and another hours hike took us deep in where we came across the first zip line to treehouse 1.

It's very scary the first time you step off the edge of a solid platform and suddenly your upto 150 meters above the trees below zipping along at some crazy speed. The feeling is just as breathtaking as the views across the forest, it's magical. A few more zip lines and a hike between them brought. Us to our treehouse 3, the guide then gave us our dinner of rice and veg and then left.

He said zip around the forest as much as you like but not in the dark and he would be back in the morning. (in England someone would be sued just for having the idea of letting dumb tourists be in charge of their own safety on stuff like this!) We were too tired to hike any furthur so just zipped back and forth from the treehouse half a dozen times before settling down to watch the sun set over the mountains :o) after dark is when all the spiders come out from the grass roof and hunt, some of the biggest I've ever seen, the size of your entire hand! See pictures!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb