Laos - Phonsavanand The Plane of Jars


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » East » Plain of Jars
September 4th 2008
Published: September 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a few days, henry and I moved on to Phonsavan and the Plane of Jars Sites, everywhere you look in this area there are mine and bomb memorabilia and the area is still very much a mine field with a large number of unexploded bombs/mines still in the groung. We took a tour to the plane of jars and surrounding areas with Denis who is from Singapore and Margaret from Ireland it was a great few days and the jars were quite amazing to think they were made years before and there really not sure what they were used for ?funeral urns or lao lao (Laos Whisky) storage jars. they were really big and alot of them had been distroyed by the heavy bombing the area took during to vietnam war, we also visited the lao lao factory/shed and Henry, Margaret and Denis tried the produce. We enjoyed our time here thought the hotel was a little gross the food in the locals restaurant was great though note to selves when buying oranges and giving the 3 local kids one each that asked for one when we were sat waiting for dinner they will bring there friends along after and want all of them to have oranges... and watch you eat till they get one we didnt give them anymore....



Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0165s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb