Tash Rabat


Advertisement
Kyrgyzstan's flag
Asia » Kyrgyzstan » Kochkor
August 28th 2008
Published: September 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We woke at around 8am to a spectacular sight - mountains all around (and the odd truck). It was still very cold but just so beautiful. We were supposed to make it up to Tash Rabat yesterday but the delay at the border slowed things down. We headed towards Narryn and then through the valley to Tash Rabat and the Caravan Kyserai. We were off the main roads so were able to open up the roof seats - it was cold up there but fantastic scenery made it all worth it.

We pulled into a yurt camp. The Caravan Kyserai was a meeting place for people as they travelled the silk route. It was supposed to have been built in the 15th C but was restored by the Soviets in 1984. It looked almost Roman with the arches and the domes. The Lonley Planet suggests that it was Christian to start with but then changed to Muslim when they came through.

We kicked round in the sun and had lunch up there. Then headed down to Narryn for a Homestay. ( a bit like a Kyrgyzstan B+B - lots of rooms and a big dining room for dinner and breakfast). We had Spaghetti Bolegnese for dinner - the vegetarians had noodles with a fried egg on top! It is watermelon season at the moment - so watermelon for desert.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 62; dbt: 0.1058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb