B2 travel Blog #2


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan
September 26th 2013
Published: September 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

What types of music are popular in Japan?

J-pop is very popular in Japan. It is equivalent to pop music here in the United States. Some j-pop artist in Japan, is equivalent to how we see Justin Bieber, Britney Spears, and Usher here in the United States. Another very popular music genre in Japan is called J-Rock or Visual Rock. That is equivalent to Indie music here in the U.S. Another type of music that isn't as popular as J-pop or J-rock is called Ska. This is best described as "hipster" music in Japan. Traditional Japanese music are instrumental, court music, and theatrical. They are "old style" music.

Japan has many types of music similar to the United States. Of course the music would be in a different language but they all have the same meaning. Pop culture and rock and other various music types are alike in many ways. The only thing that isn't similar is the type of traditional music. Japans traditional music includes many instruments that aren't popular in the United States but popular in Japan.



http://web.mit.edu/21f.066/www/theisen/music/genres3.html

http://www.facts-about-japan.com/traditional-music.html

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb