Kyoto - Narita airport


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan
October 19th 2008
Published: November 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Bento lunch on board shinkansenBento lunch on board shinkansenBento lunch on board shinkansen

Assorted katsu. This time round we bought the bento from a supermarket instead of shops in the train station. Which meant these were not stored for a long time and was hot. How heavenly to get a hot bento set onboard....
Last day of holiday...

It was another day of travelling. From Kyoto to Tokyo to Narita. We were really making full use of our JR passes.

We went to Isetan Kyoto Station for some last min shopping... din buy anything except food for the skinkansen ride. Surprisingly, neither of us bought any titbits from the food hall with all the nicely packaged pastry / biscuits / mochi & stuff... Why so? Hmm.. it perturbed me now why didn't I buy anything there coz last yr we had a great time tasting and buying food stuff at that very place.

Along the way from Kyoto to Tokyo, I gazed out of the window hoping the view would change from green pastures to obvious representation of autumn foliage. Yup, it was simply wishful thinking. Nevertheless, it was pretty enjoyable to look at the combination of mountains, blue sky & clouds passing by... and listening to MP3 playing our fav songs.. And, thinking of next Japan trip to Okinawa, southern part.

There wasn't a terribly unbearable thought that the Japan holiday would be ending. I guessed I had missed home. But I would wish Japan could be as accessible as Malaysia. (ie. somewhere I can go over the weekend and that is more purse-friendly).

Sayona-ra


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Hand carry luggageHand carry luggage
Hand carry luggage

Pardon us, we simply couldn't check in all our stuff and gotta buy some yummy snacks home.


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0176s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb