Suuumoooooooooo!


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Shinjuku
May 18th 2009
Published: May 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We are staying in a capsule hotel with free internet!! We have to pay for the showers though.

We went to see the sumo today - loads of fun 😊 We paid for the proper cheapo tickets. From 8am - 2.30pm it's the unranked trainee wrestlers, not many people bother going to see them so it meant we could sit right at the front in the $150 seats! It was pretty amazing, but a bit scary in case they fall on you. We watched loads of mad fights, they only last a couple of minutes though, some are over in seconds. And some of the wrestlers are well fat! Massive tits. Then in the afternoon, we had to go and sit on our cheap seats because the stadium got full and we watched the champions. They have a 10 minute build up to each fight, where they do loads of squatting and throwing salt around.

We finally ate some Japanese food! Yesterday, we found a Japanese fast food shop, so we ate there. I had some weird pork and rice and miso soup - the miso soup was gross. Today, we had "chanko" (sumo food) for lunch, it was really nice, just like lobby. Then for tea, we found a restaurant where there is a machine and you put your money, pick the picture of the food you want and it prints off a ticket. Easy peasy.

Tokyo is pretty mad, we have seen lots of skyscrapers and some museums. We went to Ueno Park where lots of homeless people live.

Oh, and a weird thing they have in Japan - the toilet seats. They are heated. And if you don't want to hear yourself wee or poo, they can play sound effects or music.


Advertisement



18th May 2009

heated toilet seats?
Hope your dad dosnt read about the heated toilet seats or guess what he will want for Christmas ha ha ha!!! Glad you are having fun XXX

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb