Snacking in Tokyo


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Shinjuku
March 14th 2009
Published: March 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

My Japanese friend who had lived in L.A told me only Japan did have wide varieties of snacks. Actually, there are many kinds of and different tastes of snacks in Japan. It is possible for you to eat different flavors of chocolate for two weeks. I want to introduce Japanese Kitkat Tokyo section because it is very special if you compare to other countries.

Chocolate in Tokyo might disappoint Europeans because it doesn’t have much cacao and milk flavors. However, chocolate companies in Japan worked hard to sell more chocolate to people because they don’t get used to the flavor. Kitkat created special tastes using Japanese fruits, seasonings and vegetables. It is funny prefectures of Japan have own tastes of Kitkat for souvenirs.

Joerg and I found two bags of Kitkat which had strawberry and Kinako which is made grinded soybean tastes at a supermarkets. We bought them because of our curiosities. Strawberry one was very good; Joerg ate more than half of the bag just one day. Grinded soybean tastes one was not so impressive taste, but it wasn’t bad to try.

At convenient stores had tiramisu and Macha tiramisu taste Kitkat which wasn’t really taste like tiramisu but the package was very nice. We liked the idea of the tastes and how it was packed. Tiramisu tastes Kitkat knocked Joerg because Nestle in Swiss would have never thought tiramisu taste chocolate. You should evaluate the investment not taste.

Vegetable taste one was very strange. I recommend you try it only. White chocolate based sweet potatoes Kitkat was not so tasty. It was milky but at the same time, you taste potatoes.

If you were curious about them, go to a supermarket and find new flavors of Kitkat.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0702s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb