Tokyo Tower, Shiba Fire Station, vending machines


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Minato
September 28th 2013
Published: September 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Japan at 6am. We got through customs quickly and spent an hour at the Jr office exchanging our rail passes. We caught a bus to Tokyo and walked across the city to our hotel. We dropped off our bags, went to the local shrine and then to ToKyo Tower to climb up to see the view, amazing! We had Starbucks for lunch and then visited the local Shiba Fire Station,where Andrew swapped badges with the locals.The best part of the day was the vending machines, you can buy coke, hot coffee, noodles, icecreams, beer and even undies. These machines can be found on every street corner and coke is only yen150yen ($1.50).


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Riley at Atago ShrineRiley at Atago Shrine
Riley at Atago Shrine

This shrine was only 50m from our hotel. There are 70 steps to the top, four large tori gates and a pond of carp fish, just beautiful!


28th September 2013

Wow what a busy first day
Sounds exhausting but fun - loving the photos and all the news - keep it up, all well here and congrats you mighty HAWKS!!
29th September 2013

Good photos
Thanks for sharing. Good photos and great description of your journey so far. Enjoy.
29th September 2013
Adelaide Airport

greeting from Adelaide
Hi Kate how is Japan that photo is awesome.
30th September 2013

I Miss Tokyo!
What did you see in the Tokyo tower? Did you like the view underneath your feet?
2nd October 2013
Tokyo Tower 3

Autumn RM11
Hi Chandler Sensei i hope your having a amazing time in Tokyo! have a amazing last few days of your holiday too. :)

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb