Getting here was equally easy and hard at the same time


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Koto
November 9th 2015
Published: November 9th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hello world!

This blog will be equally created by myself (Madellaine) and my husband (Brad), hence the nickname Bradaline... it was a joke we started when we first got together and everyone in the media was referring to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie as, Brangalina.... So it just kind of stuck.

So before we get stuck into the nitty gritty of our current Bradaline adventure, firstly, i would like to tell you a little bit about us..

Brad and I are no strangers to international travel, We were both born in NSW Australia and basically if you want to see anything interesting you need leave the country. Don't get me wrong, we both love our motherland but it gets a little claustrophobic at times.

Brad (in order of most recent to least) has travelled to the following countries, South Africa, Indonesia, Fiji, France, Ireland, Sweden, Holland, England, Wales, Canada, and Hong kong. Brad has completed his Cert 3 in refrigeration and air-conditioning, He is almost completed his Cert 3 in electrotechnology and has been working as an electrician for the past 5 years.

I have not travelled as much as Brad, however i have been to the following countries, South Africa, Indonesia, Thailand, New Zealand, and Vanuatu and this will be my very first time backpacking. I am a trainer at a private business college, teaching Media and Society, IT and Office Management. I have been studying a Bachelor of Social Science, majoring in Sociology and Anthropology for the last 4 years, and am hoping to graduate next year.

We decided before getting married, that instead of putting all our money into property and raising children, we wanted to see as much as the world as possible. It was our decision instead of having 'stuff' we would have experiences. While this concept was a little a little difficult for our family and friends at first, they now see how happy it makes us, and we can honestly say we have some of the most supportive and loving families in the world. Brad and I are technically both students, so as you can imagine we don't earn a lot of money in comparision to most 29 year olds working full time, so we are trying to travel smart and cheaply.

I know that there a bazillion million travel blogs floating around on the internet, but i hope that ours will serve as an insight to what we learn on our adventure, that it can connect our families to the experiences that we are having in the now, and can also serve as a reflective tool for us when we return home. Next year, for the big dirty 30, we have already started discussing the big European backpacking adventure.

So it is now 8:45am Japan time, and we have a full day planned.... can't wait to tell you all about it!

Sayonara for now!

Advertisement



13th November 2015

Interview
Your write up is really interesting. Would you like to share it in our travel website? If your answer is "yes", we would like to interview you with a simple questionnaire. Kindly let me know of your reply. Thanks Regards Nirasha
13th November 2015

Re: Interview
Hi Niraasha, Could you please send us a link to the website that we may check it out. Thank you Bradaline.

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb