Return to Japan


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Ikebukuro
June 9th 2015
Published: June 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

So we arrived in Haneda airport and we are so jet lagged it is unbelievable you would not think we had got some sleep on the airplane. So we get out JR rail pass at the airport and off we trot to try to find the hotel.

Getting to the hotel was a doddle but then they said we were booked into a smoking room - err no this is not good with Mike's asthma so we asked if they could change it and guess what yes if we upgraded. Too be fair it was not a lot and we got a lot bigger room so win win for everyone. If you have ever been in a hotel room in Japan you know they are really quite small.

Well it does not end there as we are told we cannot check into until 2pm oh no with this jet lag and my temper when I am tired I dread to think what was going to happen. So we went for a walk and Ikebukuro is a great place to be situated as there are loads of places to eat like a local. We chose a place we fancied for our evening meal and then went back to the hotel as to be honest I was shot on my feet - the receptionist took pity on us and let us check in earlier than 2pm. So off to bed to sleep off this jet lag.

Once we wake up we decide to go for something to eat and a couple of beers but before long we were back in the room sleeping again.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb