Shopping in Harajuku and The Tokyo Exhibition Centre


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Harajuku
November 13th 2006
Published: March 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Due to the time diffeence we found ourselves waking up at times would be best described as silly at home, 6AM onwards. At least this meant we were up in plenty of time for breakfast at the hotel's restaurant. Rupert did suggest venturing out for breakfast (round the corner to McD's!), but for me being veggie breakfast was the only guaranteed meal of the day, and I made the most of it!

Monday was our last day and we'd decided to go to Harajuku. Our early start meant that we arrived before most of the town had woken up so we had a wonder around the towns deserted streets before seeking caffeine in Starbucks and watching the town wake up.

As soon as you leave the station the first shop you spot is Snoopy Town, so this was already on my mental list of places to drag Rupert into. After laughing at me for this, he then dragged me into Kiddyland - 5 floors worth of every play thing you can imagine - needless to say we both spent a fortune 'Christmas shopping!'

I also found my own version of paradise, The Ralph Lauren Store. Unlike any I'd been in elsewhere this one doesn't have tills, so your dutifully followed around by your own personal shopper making you feel very rich even if, especially in my case, your not!

In the afternoon, we'd planned to go to Tokyo Exhibition Centre as we'd heard they were showing unsigned designers selling their clothing ranges at very cheap prices. After finding our way there, we got to the centre to be told in broken English that it finishes tomorrow. When looking confused and asking again where it was being held, the receptionist realised her mistake and correcting herself stated it finished yesterday grrr

At least on the way back the tram journey was very scenic as we rode through Tokyo by night passing the colourful big wheel along the way.

When we got back to the hotel it was time to pack and have our final meal. Afterwards we realised that we still hadn't been to the hotel's aquarium, so went and admired the fish and watched the dolphin and sea lion shows. Rupert was impressed by the penguins, but for me they were a bit too close to the giant crab display!



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb