We are here!!!


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Akasaka
July 17th 2006
Published: July 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We are here finally. The 13 hour plane ride actually wasn't that bad. We had to take an hour and half train and subway ride to our hostel and when got off the subway we had no idea where we were going and were lost for a while. The streets don't have names and no one really spoke English and we really didnt know how to ask anyway. Finally we decided to just take a cab, that was interesting. By the time we got settled it was already 8ish. It's my first time staying in a hostel so I really didnt know what to expect. We have this teeny room with bunk beds and a common area to share with everyone else here. The shower only stays on for like 30 seconds at a time so you have to keep pressing the button, but apparently this is true for all hostels. So for our first night went to the the hostel bar for our free drink and walked around Akasaka which is the neighborhood where we are staying. It's really cool here, it supposed to be one of the more older, preserved neighborhoods in Tokyo. We saw the famous Senso-ji Temple, not much night life in Akasaka but I guess it wasnt bad for our first night.

Advertisement



17th July 2006

hiii
Hiii girly I miss you already the funny thing is you said the plane ride wasnt that bad and ben said it was in his lil journal lol nothing much to report i spent the weekend with keith :) well enjoy keep me posted love you guysssssss
17th July 2006

:)
Reg - I still think you are totally crazy for going. But please be careful and don't trust anyone. Keep us posted on your journey :)
17th July 2006

Glad to hear you made it!
Hey.. Glad to hear you made it into Tokyo! I think I remember going to Akasaka once or twice when I was in tokyo but I'm not positive. Are you going to Ropongi or what? You gotta check it out. Also.. Shibuya and Shinjuku are cool. Can't wait to hear more and see some pictures!
24th July 2006

hello.....
regina, i am glad you had a safe trip and keep us posted on your journey and be careful.......cannot wait to see the pictures...love ya

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb