Tokyo


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Akasaka
April 29th 2006
Published: May 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

TokyoTokyoTokyo

Flower petals making art in the streets of Ginza.
So we are at our final destination. As we were leaving Hakone it was getting really crowded, so I guess it was good we were leaving. Today is the first day of Golden Week.

We took a bullet train to Tokyo - Very fast! And we got to our hotel, The New Otani, right as it started to rain. This hotel is gigantic. Very impressive. I hope I don't get lost in it. The hotel is located in Akasaka, and we have a metro stop pretty close by, so that's nice.

We took the subway into Ginza to go to the Sony building. It was a pretty cool building -- Dad was drooling over the TV's! They had some other cool electronics, but nothing super super new (that can't be seen in the US).

Afterwards we had dinner by the hotel -- down a nice little street. We had Korean BBQ (which Dad has been talking about forever). It was a lot of fun to cook our food on the grill in our table and the food was delicious.

Tomorrow should be fun. We have a few stops planned and hopefully we don't get lost.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

TokyoTokyo
Tokyo

Some of the streets in Ginza were closed down. Very strange to walk in the middle of a would-be busy street!
TokyoTokyo
Tokyo

Korean Barbeque in Akasaka.


Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 18; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0909s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb