Summary Of Tokyo


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Akasaka
April 13th 2008
Published: April 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello

Friday 11th April Akasaka, Tokyo

I know it is a bit late but i did arrive safe and sound friday morning. My room at the Juyoh Hotel is traditional and basic.
After settling in i decided to go for a walk in the area of Akasaka. In Akasaka i found a market full of stalls. There was even a stall just for chopsticks. So i had to buy a fancy pair.
At the end of the market was the Senso temple, here i saw lots of people praying and giving money. The local people clense themselves before enetring the temple by either standing by the fire a letting the smoke cover them or washing there hands and mouths in a holy fountain. Don't worry i took lots of photos and will up load the soon!
That was it for the first day as i was tired!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday 12th April, Tokyo

On saturday i went an area called Yoyogi-koen, i used the train, very scary. There i went to a giant park where i watched live music and basically chilled out!
After i went to an area caleld Meiji-jingumae. this is a very fashionable are and saw some weird thing here. I took a photo of a girl wearing a old victorian dress. Apparently they dress like that every weekend for fun!
i wondered from Meiji-jungumae to a Shibuya which has all the designer labels stores but also some inetersting Ura-hara (backstreets), full of tiny little shops.
Just so you know i noticed that everyone here rides bikes, honestly all ages from kids to women wearing high heels!!

after this i went home, on the ridiculously reliable trains!

Sunday 13 th April, Tokyo

It rained last night, but it has stopped an im off out again.
Today i went to an area called Shinjuku. This place was just hoow ypu picture Tokyo with its bright lights and red light district (which i stayed away from). Again wondered around and took some photos.

After I went for a Onsen, highlight of my trip so far. An onsen is wash area sauna place. There you have a full wash and you can take as long as you want. After you have washed you get into the piping hot jacuzzi and relax for a bit. After you get into the freezing cold rock pool to refresh yourself before getting in the hot rock pool to relax again. The boys back home would of loved it, beats dunnings jacuzzi any day,.
Oh yeah your naked all the way through this by the way.
It was great. just me and about 15 naked japanese men!

That is what ive done so far in Tokyo, Japan. Im leaving Tokyo tomorrow and heading to Yokohama.

Il update soon!

Bye

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb