Lovin' Summer (not the other way around unfortunately)


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Shizuoka
October 4th 2006
Published: October 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Yes, I love Summer, and it has felt like the longest Summer I have ever had! It rained throughout June but the temperature did not drop below 25 degrees celcius. It is still warm now!

Lately trying to keep my blog up to date has been impossible, but now I have the time to report back about my Japanese Summer (June, July and August). So, apart from climbing Mt Fuji, going to Hokkaido, Disneyland, Tokyo, many festivals, having Peter, mum and dad visit, Amy's parents visit, and going to Kyoto twice, here is an update of what else I got up to!




Additional photos below
Photos: 61, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Slippery little suckers!Slippery little suckers!
Slippery little suckers!

Lunchtime at the Bear Class sleepover
Our (now) not so new chairs to replace our carseats!  We LOVE them!Our (now) not so new chairs to replace our carseats!  We LOVE them!
Our (now) not so new chairs to replace our carseats! We LOVE them!

We bought these from Hide at Mobilier 21 and thats how we met him!
Our own home made gyoza!Our own home made gyoza!
Our own home made gyoza!

Yes, we do have a bit of an obsession!
Ohama BeachOhama Beach
Ohama Beach

After we ate our snacks it began to spit! Swimming is not safe at Ohama anyway as the tide is too strong.
Some Sundays we go and watch the boys play cricket - damn the rainy seasonSome Sundays we go and watch the boys play cricket - damn the rainy season
Some Sundays we go and watch the boys play cricket - damn the rainy season

The team is made up of Aussies, Kiwis, a Frenchman, a Bangladeshi and a couple Indians.
100 steps to the top100 steps to the top
100 steps to the top

Plus another 15 minute walk to get to the top of the mountain. We thought there would be an impressive view of the city, but there were too many trees! We also thought it would be good preparation for climbing Fuji - ha - nothing could have prepared us for that!
Amy and I took our turtles to kindyAmy and I took our turtles to kindy
Amy and I took our turtles to kindy

My two youngest children - Yuki and Rena
Just a night out on the townJust a night out on the town
Just a night out on the town

Hiedi, Leigh, Me and Amy at the Donkey - the multi-levelled shop with everything!
Soccer Fever! 6:00am after Australia drew with CroatiaSoccer Fever! 6:00am after Australia drew with Croatia
Soccer Fever! 6:00am after Australia drew with Croatia

We got up at all sorts of hours to go to Boozer to watch the world cup!
Why I sometimes can't sleep at night and have nightmares! Seriously!Why I sometimes can't sleep at night and have nightmares! Seriously!
Why I sometimes can't sleep at night and have nightmares! Seriously!

And it's not just any earthquake, it's "The" Earthquake!


8th October 2006

Thanks a lot !
Hi Marissa ! Thanks a lot for sharing your experience in Japan !!! Interesting, amazing and funny... Through the photos I can see that you’re spending a very nice time there...So have fun ! Big hugs, Hélène from France ( erasmus 2004, Norway ).
16th October 2006

Had me a blast!!!
Best Summer ever!!!! I love ya, even if there wasnt any other Summer Lovin!

Tot: 0.279s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 20; qc: 123; dbt: 0.1291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb