Thats not how you cook a BBQ!!


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Shizuoka
August 13th 2006
Published: September 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

I am in Japan!!! A long way from Adelaide, Australia, but here I am in Shizuoka for a year teaching at an English Kindergarten while seeing and experiencing as much of this crazy, mixed up, amazing country as I can!

Between returning from Hokkaido and heading on to Kyoto we spent a few days in Shiz with Marissas parents. Mrs Nagata had a BBQ with hilarious results- the Japanese really dont know how to do a barbecue like the Aussies- and Spiro was nearly beside himself at the lack of heat and know how on display!!

We went to Mishima for their Summer Festival, and saw some traditional dances and costumes. Most importantly the clouds parted long enough for us to see Mt Fuji from the Shink station at Fuji City- thank you mountain goddess!!!!
That night we took Spiro and Karina into the city and to experience a bit of Boozer- the highlight being GYOOOOOOOOZZZZAAAAA on the way home!!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

GyozaGyoza
Gyoza

Id go so far as to say the best Japanese food.
Mr ToyonagaMr Toyonaga
Mr Toyonaga

This man is a loose cannon- he was teaching us icky icky- skull!!!
View of ShizuokaView of Shizuoka
View of Shizuoka

We live in Asabata- were the big highway goes across, were just at the base of the mountains.
MishimaMishima
Mishima

Traditional Dance
Our BoozerOur Boozer
Our Boozer

A little bit boozed!!!


26th September 2006

bbq
Funny how they don't know how to cook a BBQ...but then I guess my sushi never looks quite like it is meant to!
26th September 2006

possums
Someone has just given me two baby ringtail possums to rear...they were orphaned by cats. So they live on my shoulder or in my pocket...they would create quite a stir in Japan! (not stir-fry)
26th September 2006

I want a possum! Although Fuji the turtle isnt doing so well, so maybe more pets isnt such a good idea!!

Tot: 0.467s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 20; qc: 126; dbt: 0.1401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb