Shizuoka Festival


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Shizuoka
April 1st 2006
Published: April 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Amy, Heidi (another new teacher also from Adelaide) and I caught the bus into the city to check out the annual Shizuoka Festival. Stages with entertainment and food stalls were set up in Sumpu Park. Sumpu Park holds the ruins of the Sumpu Castle, constructed in the 15th century. Some of it has been reconstructed.

Part of the festival is a big parade through the city. My favourite parade character was a dog dressed in a kimono!






Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Sumpu CastleSumpu Castle
Sumpu Castle

Part of the reconstructed castle. Sumpu Park is surrounded be two moats – cool!
Mmm, steak stick! Mmm, steak stick!
Mmm, steak stick!

See, I'm not going hungry here! This was after we ate kebabs! Dessert was cherry blossom ice-cream!
Fish on a stick! Fish on a stick!
Fish on a stick!

I didn't try it, but it looked interesting.
Sumpu ParkSumpu Park
Sumpu Park

from the observation deck of the 21st floor of the Shizuoka Prefectural Office. Up here we also watched a 3D movie about Mt Fuji
What the?What the?
What the?

This sign is to let you know that it is ok for giants without hands to cross the road with an alien child with horns!


13th April 2006

Hello Marissa It looks like you are having a fantastic time in Japan. Who is your house mate, she looks really cool and plus she is hot. Can i have her phone number? I am black and from Senegal does she remember me?
18th April 2006

are you blind???
that house mate that you see is definatley not one to get mixed up with- she is a very strange girl!! i know marissa has a very nice tall blonde friend back in adelaide that is worth a look ;)

Tot: 0.271s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 22; qc: 116; dbt: 0.1081s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb