Miller Round the World Day 5


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Osaka » Osaka
October 5th 2010
Published: October 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Up at 6:30. Repacked and had a quick breakfast (slightly less pandemonium) and off on our bus to the airport.  Endured the long wait to clear customs in the opposite direction, about one and a half hours total for our group. And we're off to Osaka, Japan, at this point not knowing how and if we will get to China.
Five hours later, here we are in Japan. The airport is magnificent: huge, very modern and impeccably clean. Apparently, the entire airport is on a man-made island  

It takes us a good two hours to get from the plane, through customs, where we are photographed and electronically fingerprinted, and to the hotel, which is attached to the airport. The hotel is also ultramodern and luxurious. Airport and hotel staff are bubbly and polite, bowing whenever you happen to meet. 
In the lobby of the hotel, we have a group meeting. We can either stay in Osaka for three days or try to get to Bejing tomorrow. Xiang, where the terra-cotta warriors are, is now off the trip because we have lost a day, but if we get to China by commercial flights we can salvage the rest of the tour. Most people vote to get to Bejing by any means we can, but some elect to stay here. (We will have to come back to Osaka to meet our plane anyway.)  

Advertisement



5th October 2010

Great
It was so great to hear from you guys when I logged into my computer this morning. I was so surprised and what a treat to read about your trip - day by day - I just love it. Makes me feel that I'm travelling along with you. Look forward to tomorrow's entry. Love to you both.
6th October 2010

Thanks
Thank you, Dave. We were just talking about how you might be progressing on your trip this morning at breakfast. Checked FB and there was the link to your journal. Appreciate the time you are taking to share. Enjoy -- say hello to all.
6th October 2010

Thanks
Thank you, Dave. We were just talking about how you might be progressing on your trip this morning at breakfast. Checked FB and there was the link to your journal. Appreciate the time you are taking to share. Enjoy -- say hello to all.

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb