Powder in Nozawa-Onsen


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Nagano » Minowa
February 6th 2009
Published: February 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Snowboarding 12 secs
Powder in Nozawa-Onsen

We just got back from skiing in a small town Nozawa-Onsen in Japan, an hour and half by bullet train from Tokyo. It is famous for its Onsens (Natural spring Hot Baths) which were great for weary muscles and a hard days snowboarding. The Piste was huge with plenty of lifts to choose from and there was no one there during the week as the Japanese don’t seem to take holiday’s skiing in the ski feilds.
The snow was the best that we’ve ever seen. It has possibly spoiled us for skiing in Australia and New Zealand. It snowed early in the week, but really started to come down on the day before we were leaving. We woke up on the Sunday morning and found it had been snowing all night, even thou we were leaving we still had enough time for half a day on the mountain.
The off-piste snowboarding was incredible with fresh powder up to my knees. We got off the mountain at midday and were back in Tokyo for an 8 pm flight back to Brisbane. We even got home in time to go to work on Monday Morning.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Mt Fuji Mt Fuji
Mt Fuji

Mt Fuji from Train window


Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 14; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0684s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb