Daves Blog No.1


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Kyoto
March 19th 2006
Published: March 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Osaka!!! The night life in Osaka is MAD. There are no obvious pubs in osaka. On a road in one of osakas night life districts you could be looking for a pub for hours and then look up and see a sign saying "beer guzzlers" 4f. We decided to try out this particular place due to the name. Inside beer guzzlers every body moved up to make space for us at the bar. There must have been no more than 8 seats and no room to get out once we were in.

We were soon talking to a turkish football hooligan about the world cup, so we decided to get a beer. The price was fairly reasonable at 250 Yen for a pint. It was only when we got our drinks that we realised we had been ripped off; we had only been given half a pint and we noticed that in small print on the menu that it said we had to pay a cover charge of 1000 Yen. We were not happy.

The american bar owner "Rock Adams" came over to talk to us and give us his business card. Everybody in Japan seems obsessed with the world cup and Wayne Rooney, even the americans. Throughout our conversation with the Rock, louis seemed ignorant of his legendary name. He had somehow forgotten how to read and hear, calling him rod for close to one hour.

We did not think it was worth getting another beer at what should have been a great bar, what with its name, so we negotiated the prices down to 1000 Yen. We left that bar faster than you can say "flying cheese".

"Beer guzzlers" was like a cursed bar, for every time we walked around for 5 minutes or so we would look up and see the beer guzzlers sign. It was a nightmare. We managed to properly escape beer guzzlers about 2 hours later, however we did promise the rock we would be back; but i highly doubt that.

In my next blog: My toilet experience and been run over by a taxi


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb