Kyoto and Hiroshima


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Kyoto » Kyoto » Gion
November 2nd 2007
Published: November 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Kyoto!Kyoto!Kyoto!

Kyoto station... it's Massive!
Right first off, we have had a few complaints that there are not enough pictures of us on this blog. and also SOMEONE complaining that there are not enough pictures of Bron!!!!! not mentioning any names (Sarah.... you ginger winger). Well its our blog so i will do what i want!!!

also bronnie can't get to the blog at the mo as she is too busy cooking and cleaning.

Now my rant is over, let's get on with it shall we? We have just got back from another trip, this time we spent 3 nights in Kyoto (land of the unlimited shrines and temples) and 2 nights in Hiroshima, those of you who were asleep in History class at school, Hiroshima was A bombed in the war by the yanks killing 150,000 people instantly, very moving. Apart from that, it was the best place we have been to in Japan!! a really modern city with modern history! Has a massive peace park with memorials and a flame that they will keep burning untill all nuclear weapons are disarmed, and also a huge museum with some hard hitting stuff.

But the best thing was that everyone was soooo friendly
Kyoto!Kyoto!Kyoto!

Bronnie 'cleansing' her hands before entering a temple that is under re-construction until 2011 so we could not go in anyway!
and went out of their way to help us out, even if it was just to find the next bar!! Loads of cool bars, best one was owned by a Japanese guy called Mac and he had the biggest CD collection i have ever seen!!! awesome!

One day we took a day trip to Miyajima which is an island near Hiroshima, the island of the floating shrine! The 3rd most photographed place in Japan, and it was proper beautiful! We took a cable car to the top of the mountain, had lunch in a forest with a load of deer.... stuff like that!

Kyoto was really cool as well, although it pissed it down the whole time we were there...until the last day when it was sooo hot...milk was a bad choice!!

It was the most touristy place we have been so we both got a bit pissed off (with the amount of people not the place!) Loads of temples but one day we took a boat trip up the river through the mountains to get away from it all! Best bits were Kiyomizu-dera, the first temple we went to (the picture of the 2 of us
Kyoto!Kyoto!Kyoto!

Cloke and Daws
with brollies up!), some cool bars - had a good night out with 2 Aussies in a bar where any drink was 200 yen (80p!!!), the 'Zen' temple (basically loads of raked sand!! keep up the 'Zen darts' pops!), also had an awesome meal out in an 'izakaye', a japanese style pub-restaurant, where one of the waitresses gave us £5 plus 10% off our bill just coz we had a little chat to her in English! the people are well cool here!!

Well this time next week we will be in Oz! helping Dips and Crouch move flats today and then should be a fun filled weekend!

The last coupla photos are from a Halloween party at Nainamo the cool bar here in Ise, more pictures soon to be posted on facebook, if you are not on there and want to see more of them send us an email!

Loads of love to all!



Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Kyoto!!Kyoto!!
Kyoto!!

Rain. rain. rain.. and in true Brit Style... getting on with it!!
Kyoto!Kyoto!
Kyoto!

Here you go then, one of both of us... happy now?
Kyoto!Kyoto!
Kyoto!

These are little prayer messages you can leave at the temple.. and yes you have to pay for them!
Kyoto!Kyoto!
Kyoto!

Zen Darts
Kyoto!!Kyoto!!
Kyoto!!

The famous gold temple! (From the Golden Pavilion film)
Kyoto!Kyoto!
Kyoto!

The famous 'tourests' @ the famous gold temple!
Kyoto!Kyoto!
Kyoto!

Boat trip 1
Kyoyo!Kyoyo!
Kyoyo!

even in the middle of the river you can't get away from it! a floating cafe!
KyotoKyoto
Kyoto

mighty fine!
Kyoto!Kyoto!
Kyoto!

View of Arashiyama from the boat
KyotoKyoto
Kyoto

Will at Kyoto castle - in the sunshine!!
HiroshimaHiroshima
Hiroshima

Us again!!
HiroshimaHiroshima
Hiroshima

Us on the best way to travel..Bikes!
HiroshimaHiroshima
Hiroshima

Peace park memorial
HiroshimaHiroshima
Hiroshima

Mac's Bar!!
HiroshimaHiroshima
Hiroshima

more beer
HiroshimaHiroshima
Hiroshima

A Bomb building.... one of the only buildings left standing near the Hypocentre.....
Miyajima IslandMiyajima Island
Miyajima Island

The world famous floating shrine


13th November 2007

So Jealous!
Hiya guys, well I am just a tad jealous, how about extremely!! It's looks like you're having a wicked time. Bronnie, loving the new haircut, very cool. Yours is alright Will aswell!! Just a quickie to say missing you guys loads, don't have too much fun!! Look forward to your next post! Take care (watch out for the meat bronnie!!) xxxxxx
14th November 2007

Awesome blogging guys. Keep it up. Reading these gets me through the boring 9-5 work days. Sounds like you're having a beaut! Missing you guys! Things are a lot quiter without Anchor Man quotes being shouted around Lace Market streets on weekends. Maybe Karli and I should come out and join you for a weekend? :-s What was i thinking when i suggested Australia for a week...???
16th November 2007

Big man!!! awesome to hear from u!!! comments working fine!! keep em coming! we are in oz and loving it!!! spending 2 much money on juice mind!!! will be in touch sexy boy.... Milk was abad choice!

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb