Yokohama, Hakone and Mt Fuji (apparently...)


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Kanagawa » Yokohama
July 1st 2014
Published: July 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Went to Yokohama yesterday and had a mooch about - went to the port, Chinatown, saw the stadium (was going to go to a baseball game but wasn't one on!), went to an amusement park and happened to stumble across an H&M!!! Did our usual bit of getting lost and me being crap at reading maps but that's all part of the fun I guess!

Today we went to Hakone. This was lovely - a lake, mountains, hot springs and a view of Mt Fuji (although I think it was just clouds we were looking at to be honest!). Whilst on this we passed some school kids on a trip and one said 'hello' and so we said hello back and all the other kids got excited and we had to say hello and wave to all of them - there were about 30! Being a westerner here is like being a celeb - it's quite funny!

One of the delicacies of Hakone is black eggs - the eggs are boiled in the spring water and because of what is in it the eggs come out with black shells! Kinda felt sorry for the guy who's job is just boiling eggs all day!

Also went on a cable car, tram, bus and a boat - proper tourist sight seeing day!

Have to say the Japanese are some of the friendliest, most polite and helpful people I have ever met. Yes, they do tend to stare at the white girls (they find us fascinating, as clearly we are ha!) but when we were a bit lost trying to find our hotel (as usual) they just come and ask if they can help. This guy couldn't so he took us to Starbucks (of all places!) and they helped us. How lovely.

Tomorrow we are off to Osaka - hopefully going to Hirsohima to see the memorial and also Kyoto which has lots of temples. Before that though we are off to a ramen noodle museum - where we to make our own pot noodle - amaze balls!

Ps - I have found a place called Mister Donut and I addicted to their donuts. I fear I may be one fat westerner by the time I leave for China!!

Pps - the hostel we are now in has the smallest bathroom ever!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



2nd July 2014

You are courageous!!
You are so courageous doing this trip!! I think it's just great. Best thing Simon & I ever did. BTW - stop creating that you will go back to some boring life. Stand for that your whole life will alter, change direction & transform out of this experience. You don't know what could happen along the way. Hx

Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0732s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb