Lake Toya, Hokkaido


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Hokkaido
October 8th 2008
Published: November 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Fireworks 1 15 secs
2: Fireworks 2 44 secs
Hakodate to ToyaHakodate to ToyaHakodate to Toya

Train travelling along coastline.
It was time to move on once again.

We took the train from Hakodate to Toya. As Toya train station was not near the Lake Toya, we had the option of waiting for a public bus or taking a cab to Lake Toya where our next lodging was situated. In view of the luggage we had and to avoid any hassle, it was decided that cab was a better choice. It was also because the distance was not too far and the fare of about 2000Yen was still affordable. Thus, we reached Hotel Grand Toya almost effortlessly.

But didn't know why, we were bushed when we reached and had a siesta before venturing out to the lake area.

The weather was fine and a little colder than Hakodate... probably due to the breeze. Generally, the stroll around the lake was pretty enjoyable except for the many disturbing small flying creatures which perished when coming into contact with us. Along the lake, there were many sculptures that make the place a little more interesting... there was the dancing lady with deer, little girl enjoying the good atmosphere, man playing saxophone...

And, the highlight of this toya trip was the fireworks at night. Though it wasn't extensive and lavish sort. It was just amazing to enjoy it so closely, in such a cooling night and having a lot of personal place (i.e. not crowded)...



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Had a cuppa in room after checking into Hotel Grand ToyaHad a cuppa in room after checking into Hotel Grand Toya
Had a cuppa in room after checking into Hotel Grand Toya

which was actually not exactly v grand lah.
Ain't she fortunateAin't she fortunate
Ain't she fortunate

enjoying the breeze, sound, fine weather..
Lavender.. Lavender..
Lavender..

later but better than never
Moon's outMoon's out
Moon's out

take a closer look
Dinner (1)Dinner (1)
Dinner (1)

the duck meat lookalike was tasty. Chawamushi was reasonably good.
Dinner (3)Dinner (3)
Dinner (3)

More food was added in to achieved a cooked meal. Actually, it only consisted of fish, asparagus & miso paste on the hotplate.


Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0192s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb