Japan is great


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Hiroshima » Miyoshi
August 14th 2007
Published: August 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Dear all, everything here in Japan is going really well. After spending a few days in Tokyo we are now in Hiroshima.
Tokyo was excellent and absolutely mental!! There were so many people in the streets and lights and colours and music and mentalness!
the Japanese society is absolutely admirable: everything that they do is so respectfl of everybody else; the things that they invent are not modern, but practical (an example: on the train today, the seats could reverse so that if the train goes the other way that it has arrived, you can still face the right way - does it make sense???). The Japanese people are so welcoming, pleasant, so rigourous in the way they behave in the street (they queue at a pedestrian crossing or in the underground), so helpful and just so generally nice people. There are no chavs hanging around drinking beer in the street shouting at the person standing next to them, there are no impolite children running around (the kids seem to listen to their parents BIG time!), there are no women/girls/teenage girls dressed as sl*ts in the streets - they're all so smart and well behaved. Believe me, I love my country and Jersey but there would be so much to copy from the Japanese!!!!!
Anyway, we are having the time of our life so far.
Hiroshima seems to be very pretty and obviously with a very heavy past. It's amazing to be here. We're going to visit a museum about the notorious A-Bomb tomorrow. It's really interesting to see buildings still standing after 62 years of complete destruction. One building, the A-Bomb building as they call it, is still there but you can see the damage that the bomb has done to it - let alone the rest of the city and its people.
Anyway, it's a very poignant place to be but we had to visit it.
Will tell you more about it in another mail.
Bye for now.
Gilles and Patrick xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 15; qc: 75; dbt: 0.0668s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb