Takaragawa Onsen


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Gunma
November 7th 2019
Published: February 14th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Takaragawa Onsen (https://www.takaragawa.com/english.html) was one of the highlights of our trip. We were picked up from the train station and whisked through the hills to the onsen; we got to pick our our own yukatas and slippers to wear for the duration of our stay and shown to our beautiful room overlooking the river. The baths themselves were magical, the air clean and cool and the autumn foliage gorgeous. Dinner was exquisite and they were able to accommodate with vegetarian dishes. There was sake. And when we returned to our room they'd set our futons out for us. Truly one of the nicest places I've every stayed. Of course when you're staying at the hot springs you need to take an after dinner dip to look at the stars, and an early morning swim to watch the sun rise. A lovely breakfast and then we were (sadly) on our way.

You can visit Takaragawa Onsen as a day trip from Tokyo but don't even think about it. Stay two nights in the less expensive rooms in the #1 annex from 1936, they're incredible and you won't believe your good fortune at being able to experience this most Japanese of adventures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Takaragawa OnsenTakaragawa Onsen
Takaragawa Onsen

Our room with a river view.
Takaragawa OnsenTakaragawa Onsen
Takaragawa Onsen

The view from our room.
Takaragawa OnsenTakaragawa Onsen
Takaragawa Onsen

Futons were super comfortable.


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb