Japan. Onsen Explorer. Day 6. Hirosaki.


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Aomori
June 20th 2019
Published: June 20th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Onsen Explorer. Day 6. Hirosaki, Aomori. 20 June 2019.
A great start in the outside onsen before breakfast and then out into the warmest start yet. I am also now getting used to the thin futon beds and slept well last night, partly thanks to a softer pillow not filled with stones. Travelling along the coast was very interesting with the view changing around every corner. Tea break was on a peninsula with a lighthouse close by and a shop selling mostly fish and smelly creatures. After lunch we were introduced to Wasa the famous Sherpa Inu hunting dog which had been found abandoned on the car park where we had lunch. Following this we headed inland and climbed at a steady gradient for 15km before dropping down through the apple orchards where we saw people in the trees pruning the branches. As we approached town we took a pleasant cycle path which looked like a disused railway line. Tomorrow we are travelling to Hokkaido on the Shinkansen so packed our luggage to go on the ferry with the bikes. Walked to the Lawson store on the way to the Castle but due to lack of enthusiasm by others we ended up raiding Lawson of all sandwiches, Whisky and Saki and returning to the Grand Hotel to establish the quality. An Italian meal for a change tonight then a drink next door with some more of our group before bed for the last night on Honshu. Will my washing be dry by morning?


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement


Mount IeakiMount Ieaki
Mount Ieaki

Fuji lookalike.


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb