Indonesia


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia
April 3rd 2013
Published: April 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Nike (Behind the Swoosh)



Some companies motivate people to get workers to do what they want and give out bonuses on holidays and free food while working, but Nike is not like those companies. Multi billion company like Nike located in Indonesia has unconcerned about its employee. In the video"Behind the Swoosh" by Jim Keady shows workers in Indonesia are working for Nike and getting $1.25 a day, which is way worse than the average Americans. Speaker in the area of justice and "Behind the Swoosh" maker believes that Nike needs to raise the salaries for its workers. It is because Keady lived in Indonesia for a month with the same wages as Indonesians have earned, but he believes that it is impossible to live with $1.25 a day. Other facts are that Nike's 1990 revenue was $9 billion where the CEO of Nike Phil Knight's stock in the company is worth of $4.5billion. Basketball player like Michael Jorden is getting $20 million a year, but workers who work for Nike are not even getting half. Nike pays $200 million year to the Brazilian soccer team so why not raising the salaries for its workers.


Why Nike does

not want to raise the wages for its workers?

→ Nike does not want to raise the wages for its workers because according to the fact sheet "Behind the Swoosh" says "Estimated cost of doubling the 10 cents an hour wages of like Nike's 80,000 Indonesian factory workers :US$20 millions".



Here is the link for documentary film "Behind the Swoosh"











Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb