Scuba school goes international


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia
September 30th 2012
Published: September 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Next stop after Ubud was Lovina on the north side of the island. The main thing Lovina is famous for is the dolphins that play near the shore every sunrise. We took a boat trip out to see them at 6 in the morning and they were very obliging swimming around while we chased them, even showing off with a few jumps. The other thing we wanted to do in Lovina was the free yoga at the hotel, but unfortunately the timings didn't work out, which Alex was devastated by having brought his yoga pants specially.

We're now in Gili Trawangan which is the largest of the 3 Gili islands, 6k perimeter. There are no cars, only horses and carts and bikes, and randomly no dogs, only cats! The only word to describe it is idyllic, white sand, clear water, and amazing coral reefs. So we're learning to dive while we're here which is really fun but lots to take in. We did two dives today to 12m and saw lots of giant turtles, moray eels, clownfish, very poisonous lionfish, and much more. Tomorrow we dive at shark point and may even ssee some reef sharks down at 18m!

Til next time xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb