We don't want to leave Labuan!


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia
August 28th 2010
Published: August 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Elly: Today's dives were breathtaking. The first was at a site called "Castle Rock" where we saw an enormous eagle ray (up close), and napoleon wrasse. Our dive guide for the day, Fabi, was excellent - pointing things out that we might not have spotted otherwise. The water was so clear that 26m felt like about 8, unbelievable. The second dive was close by at "Crystal Point." We stayed down for 76 minutes - on Hoga we were limited to 50. Our descent was fun, in amongst a huge school of silver fusiliers. Each time Fabi tapped his tank they whipped round in unison. It was the sort of scene you expect only to see only on David Attenbrough, let alone be in the middle of! In between both dives we moored up at a paradise beach where the water was even bluer than yesterday, somehow. Claire and I swam to land and proclaimed "WE'RE ON KOMODO!!!....Right now lets get back on the boat." Tonight all of the dive staff will be at Paradise Bar, where there'll be beer and Karaoke. We're not going. JOKES, course we are.

Claire: Speechless.

3 days....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb