Happy Birthday to me!


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Sumatra » Lake Maninjau
May 24th 2010
Published: May 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So it was that time of year again, another year older but this time it was probably unlike any other birthday I've ever had.

Just outside our bungalow we were greeted by a calm, beautiful lake Maninjau so we headed for a swim to start the morning. The water was lovely and warm, warmer than most swimming pools (even Mum would have gone in). Naturally I tried to swim in all the photos of the scenery that Suse was attempting to take.

Once out we laid on the lawn to dry off. I had an awesome coconutshake (fresh from the tree) and taught Suse how to play Chess. Whilst we were laid out enjoying the sun and the peace (we were the only guests at the bungalows) one of the guys who helps out round the guesthouse and fields; Ali, brought out some coconut juice for us and sat down a while to talk. He said he liked to talk with visitors so he can improve his English (which is all self taught). Also earlier in the day he'd brought us out breakfast and a rug out to sit on on the grass.

When Ali left and we were starting to get warm we again headed into the lake for another swim. The water a little choppier this time as it often got in the afternoon, but the water was even warmer.

After showers we moved to the restaurant area where we ate a scrumptious meal and played some cards. When it went dark we watched the multitude of lizards try and eat moths around the lights.

We ended the night chatting outside our bungalow until late, under torch light as we were in a power cut.

It was very different to what my experience would have been at home; no drinking, no hangover, no people. But all in all it was a really good day.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.202s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0922s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb