Three Islands- Bali, Lombok and Gili Air


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Lombok » Gili Air
February 18th 2024
Published: February 18th 2024
Edit Blog Post

Kuta, the one in Bali not Lombok, was a lovely place to visit and the beach is great for surfing. It is a busy hopping place with people everywhere. Lots of options for eating, chilling and connecting over coffee. We stayed at Yulia Beach Inn with family as this place holds dear memories for Jackie’s’ sister and brother in law.

We then headed to Lombok, flying with Citilink. It was so smooth, easy and comfortable to navigate the airport and security and the flight only took 40 min’s from Denpasar. I really like the way security is here vs home. Here people are relaxed, smile and are friendly. The intensity is not all like in North America where I felt like I have to prove I am not hiding anything the moment we step into the security line. Passengers are polite and follow the rules but the occurrences of raging on planes and everyone stressed to the max is not at all present.



We booked a driver to take us to Senggigi, about an hour from Lombok airport and it cost about $50 Canadian including tip. We stayed in a cute older style villa. Very basic, no fridge or safe in the room but for $40 Canadian including breakfast who can complain! The service was great and breakfast was adequate enough to start our day off well.

We booked a local driver to take us to the harbour about 35 min’s past Senggigi to see if we could catch a boat to Gili Air. We had not bought a ticket and no idea of the schedules, but felt adventurous and went for it.

We got dropped off right outside of a booth that happened to have a boat leaving in 30 min’s to Gili Air and it would only take 10 min’s to get there. SOLD! They were lovely guys and it was simple to arrange everything. The trip cost $14 Canadian one way.

So now we have landed in our home away from home on Gili Air in a beautiful place right close to the beach. We didn't book anything which felt a bit unnerving but we also know there are so many options here so didn't worry about it. One tip we know is that walking in prices are better then on line as there are no 3rd party fees so we
Amazing Banana smoothie bowl with dragon fruit Amazing Banana smoothie bowl with dragon fruit Amazing Banana smoothie bowl with dragon fruit

at restaurant on Yulia Beach Inn
saved about $10-$15 a day but not booking on line.

we now get to settle in over the next week or so and do nothing but enjoy the peoplelear aqua water, gentle breeze and peacefulness.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0301s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb