Pendragon


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Pangandaran
April 20th 2016
Published: April 25th 2016
Edit Blog Post

The place we were actually heading for was called Pangandaran, however Cas called it by the above name and it has stuck.
We hit the breakfast buffet at 6.00am and filled our boots, plus we took a bag of stuff for the train such as banana bread, toast and muffins.
My first fluff up of the trip in terms of travel. I'd booked us on a train, however that particular train left yesterday; I'd got my dates muddled up. Fortunately there was a cheap option and we were off at 7.20 on our 4 1/2 hour train ride.
The conductor was accompanied by two armed guards. Makes you wonder...
The skies were full of big white clouds as we headed east and south towards the coast. Half of the population is engaged in agriculture and we saw plenty working their fields.
We jumped off the train at Banjur and found a bus to Pandargaren which took a further two hours. It is large beach resort and meant to very crowded with Aussies who are here for the great surfing, so we're only staying for one night and tomorrow we travel the 20 miles to Batu Karas, which is said to be much prettier, bijou and has great surfing too.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0745s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb