Odds & Ends


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali
October 20th 2006
Published: October 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everybody!
Today, I am going to mention a few things that I had forgotten on previous blogs. We have seen many men and women in various countries exercising in the early morning hours in parks and on schoolgrounds. The men seem to be doing martial arts and exercises using wooden swords. The women do a slow type of dance or aerobics.
Bali is covered with beautiful flowers. Everywhere you look, you see them. It is very tropical. There are many European and Australian tourists. We haven't met any Americans here yet. The money is hard to figure out for me. A dollar is worth $1000. You might see a purse for sale in a store for $108,000. The street vendors like US $1 bills. I have used them to get good deals. It has not rained a single day on our trip. In Bali, the buffets serve Asian, Bali, and standard fare food. The fruit is delicious and the best part of each meal. Our hotel restaurants and lobby are all open to the outside. There are fountains and statues everywhere. You feel safe here and not threatened. Labor must be cheap because there are many employees to wait on you. The hotel has a nice spa and you can have massages, etc. outside.
There are many noodle shops in Asia. We have had lots of different types served to us . I have liked them all except for the green tea cold
soba ones.
The computers are very slow. I have been trying for 30 minutes to upload photos. No luck.
Take care,
E

Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0171s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb