Bali - a paradise?


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali
March 21st 2005
Published: March 21st 2005
Edit Blog Post

We are now two days in Bali.

to be completely honest, I am a bit dissapointed with what I have found here. first of all it is unbelievably hot here, unseasonably also. It is only supposed to be about 28-29, but so far it is 32 and a bit more. Thank god for air conditioning. Second of all, there are unbelievably huge cocaroaches here and sometimes they come into the rooms for a visit.

Apparently the wet seasons(now) is not the greatest to swim in the ocean. The reason you ask? Because the water is very dirty. there are all sorts of garbage and plastic bags and god knows what else swimming around in the water. Adn I cannot go far enough to get away from them. This is because of the way teh tide comes in and becasue when cleaning up the beach they dig holes to put teh garbage into but they are sometimes not far away enough from the water...

Anyway, we have not been really out of our room since the 19th. That was our first full day here and of course like everyone else we decided to hit the beach. we did not spend that long out there at all, about 2 hours but we are completely burned. I have never experienced sun like this, we are pratcially at the equator here, so it shines straight down and apparently very hard. Flo is of course more burned becasue he was a lot whiter to egin with, but the slight tan I had before has not really heleped me either. So due to the fact that we cannot really move too much we have been resting in our room, with have I mentioned, the blessed air conditioner. We hope that soon we willl be able to function again and take surf lessons. that is what we live for.

Maybe if that happens soon and if it gets less hot so that we can go visit a volcano with a lake in the middle of it Bali will seem like a better place for me. But if I had to choose I would always chose Thailand.

Advertisement



5th April 2005

paradise found
Don't know where you're staying in Bali. But it doesn't sound like you've really found the right place. Always use sunscreen. Ask the locals. Get directions to clean beaches. Pristine waters. Beautiful backdrops. Shops that sell sunscreen. Gigantic cucarachas and high temperatures are vacational hazards. Try to become one with your environment. Meditate. Always use sunscreen. - JSX
18th November 2005

I know about the sunburn. I snorkled with my dad on the Gilis just off Lombok. Within two or three hours we were really badly burned. We literely couldn't move for a couple of days after that :o)

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.1mb