Ridiculously Romantic


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali
March 5th 2009
Published: March 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Margaritas...yumMargaritas...yumMargaritas...yum

(although this isn't Mexico or close, so didn't taste all that great!)
This morning I was supposed to get up early with Diane and tag along on her dive trip to Tulamben, but I just couldn’t motivate so I decided to stay behind. I hung out at the pool, went to the beach, drank Pina Coladas and you guessed it…SHOPPED! I bought two fantastic leather bags I just had to have. And Diane had another great dive day, so we were both happy! She dove the U.S.S. Liberty which was originally torpedoed by the Japanese in WWII and then a volcano erupted in the 80s and pushed it on in and down. She saw five sharks. EEK!

At night, we had our Ubud driver take us over to Jimberan (on the west coast of Bali) to what turned out to be our most romantic evening yet! UGH! Candle lit dinner right on the beach, under the moonlight. We picked out our own fresh fish, crabs and prawns for dinner, we were serenaded to (we tried shoeing the local Balinese band to the next table, but once they heard us talk they yelled out what seemed like the only English they knew, “Americans! Americans! Barack Obama! Barack Obama!” and then busted out ‘Pretty Woman’ and onto ‘Hotel California’. They definitely made up their own words because we were trying to sing a long and were totally confused! (Relax said the RICE man....) Diane turned to me and said, “Yup, this is the most romantic night yet.” It really is too bad we aren’t gay! To top off the night…once dinner was done we watched the fireworks explode over the ocean. We just laughed and asked if this is where we were supposed to kiss?! Ha. Another nice night….



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Fish fryFish fry
Fish fry

mmmm....on FIRE! so fresh
One Tree JimberanOne Tree Jimberan
One Tree Jimberan

oh lonely tree
JimberanJimberan
Jimberan

The night crowd....


6th March 2009

Shopaholic!
You will need to charter a plane to get all your STUFF home!
6th March 2009

Pig
sorry! i bought you a pig. just what you need. another pig!
17th March 2009

Great Photo!
Hey Diana and Brooke, what an amazing time you guys clearly had. The photo of the coral-like tree stump on the beach was amazing, especially with the rain-drops on the lens, and the rich cobalt blue of the sky. I'm jealous!

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb