At sea in the deep blue ocean


Advertisement
Asia » Indonesia » Bali
July 21st 2005
Published: August 1st 2005
Edit Blog Post

It's a tough life being a small but idyllic tropical island. The weight of expectation is upon you and you can rarely deliver because most times that expectation needs fulfilling internally, not externally. To expectation is added the weight of need and the weight of greed - everyone wants a piece of you. Like the old nag from Raskolnikov's childhood, people watch whilst you are flogged to death b... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 68, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

CoralCoral
Coral

Pulau Menjangen, Bali. Canon Powershot S1 IS with WP-DC20 Housing. Built-in Flash. Colour corrected.
Scorpion FishScorpion Fish
Scorpion Fish

Pulau Menjangen, Bali. Quite a large one - 40cm. Very poisonous and well camouflagued. Canon Powershot S1 IS with WP-DC20 Housing. Built-in Flash. Colour corrected.
Scorpion FishScorpion Fish
Scorpion Fish

Pulau Menjangen, Bali. Canon Powershot S1 IS with WP-DC20 housing. Built-in flash. Colour corrected.
CoralCoral
Coral

Pulau Menjangen, Bali. Kim's shot. Canon Powershot S1 IS with WP-DC20 housing. Built-in flash. Colour corrected.
Still life, underwater.Still life, underwater.
Still life, underwater.

Pulau Menjangen, Bali. Canon Powershot S1 IS with WP-DC20 housing. Built-in flash. Colour corrected.



11th August 2005

Different...
Different photos, do like them - would love to know what camera you use? Very different take on Bali too - Dostoyevsky? Hmmm, yes, he had his effect on one at a certain age - maybe just because it was the only age when one really had time for serious reading and self-reflection... pity that, some of us grew up, but nice to go back for a visit...
29th August 2005

Love the pictures they are fantastic can't wait to get out and get my Instructors qualification
31st December 2005

bali trip
Cumberland, you wrote a good, though a bit too long article on Bali. The more I read about Bali, the less I want to go there. I was intending visiting Vietnam and Bali after India but now that I have only a week, I might just go to Vietnam after India. When in another country, I like to see th locals in their sorroundings and eat their food. It appears that the local food is hard to get. I can eat just about any kind of food here in San Francisco. When in another country, I want to eat their home cooking. Seems like Bali is full of drunk Australians. Don't need that. Thanks, Cumberland.
24th January 2006

BALI FOOD
Wrong!! Sure there are many tourists around the KUTA AREA, but have you ever thought of venturing out in remote villages? If you want to eat their food, which I eat three times a day while living there, there are warungs and Padangs every were you look. Most Aussies or any tourists dont venture out of Kuta and dont expirience the flavour of the real Indonesisa.

Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0149s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb