Aussie Aussie Aussie


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali
August 18th 2018
Published: August 23rd 2018
Edit Blog Post

The next morning’s weather was not much better than of the previous day. We again had breakfast at the Four Points which was nearly identical to the breakfast the day before. After we ate, we retired to our room and waited out the rain. Kristy wrote some wedding thank you postcards. Brad recorded the previous few days in this blog. When lunchtime rolled around we went to a small street restaurant near the Four Points. The food was fine; however, it took an incredibly long time to be prepared.

After lunch, we went back to the Circle K for more beer. We brought a few back to the room and under passing rain clouds and sunshine, we imbibed in the lagoon while listening to music from our porch. The weather never improved enough to warrant heading to the beach. When our beers were finished, we reasoned that the rooftop pool and bar probably had warmer water because it had superior exposure to the sun. We headed up to the rooftop.

The rooftop pool had a swim up bar with submerged stools. The sundeck had lounges arranged around lush potted plants. We bellied up to the bar and struck up a conversation with two Aussies who had already been at the bar. The fellas were miners from the Perth area. We chatted for a while and met their wives when they later joined us. As the sun set, the water felt colder and we decided to head down to the room and get ready for dinner.

We were so pleased with the food at Pad’s Bar and Grill that we made plans to head back there for dinner. The place was packed on this Saturday evening. The New Zealand All Blacks were playing the Australia Wallabies in rugby. The patrons were rowdy and a few would cheer yelling “Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!” when there was a good play. Kristy had the Australian beef pie and Brad had the green chicken curry again. Same as the prior visit, the food was fantastic.

After dinner, we headed back to our hotel and stayed in for the evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb