Ubud: saying goodbye


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Ubud
November 2nd 2015
Published: November 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Our last day in Ubud arrived and I felt a little sad about that. What a great week full of positive experiences, reflection, connections, exploration and delicious nutritious food.

We spent our day very low-key. After our morning yoga class and making a new friend over breakfast, we rode out to the Ubud Chocolate Factory. We arrived at noon, only to discover that they close for lunch from noon to 1pm. It was still worthwhile seeing the building itself though: an impressive structure built entirely from bamboo.

On our way back, we stopped at the gorgeous Alchemy cafe in Penestanan, another health food restaurant and shop. We had lunch at the famous Bali Buda restaurant. We were somewhat underwhelmed by the food we ordered, but it had a great vibe and I just loved reading the very clever menu which was in the style of a daily newspaper. Besides listing the dishes available, it provides lots of information on healthy living, nutritional benefits of certain foods and inspirational quotes.

On the way back home, I had to pay one last visit to our favourite little clothing shop, Wayan Jirna Shops in Hanoman Road. It’s one of the many tiny stalls along this road, but the owners are particularly friendly and helpful, and their wares are of great quality.

It was lovely to connect with likeminded souls during our stay in Ubud, including Amadeo the architect from Tuscany, the lovely Ulala from Japan/Singapore and the beautiful Cat from Exmouth. We will definitely revisit Ubud again in the future.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb