3 day trip to west Bali


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Ubud
May 9th 2005
Published: May 9th 2005
Edit Blog Post

It's always nice to be back in Bali. The words 'friendly and kind'are invented here.allthough we have been here many times before we have never been to the west side (National Forest).Yesterday we rented a car and drove to west side . Stopped at a beautiful surfers beach Lolang Linggah . Balinees people picking up small rocks from the beach and selling them for decoration in the garden or in the bathroom.Further to the west Perancak, a small harbor in a laguna. Then you see one of the biggest problems of Indonesia "rubbish". Everybody trows away there plastic bags,bottles. They cannot handle this. It's a big problem.
Just before Gilimanuk we got cartrouble. Drove for 4 hours and than we had to stop every 10 minutes, again and again. We started looking for a place to sleep (175$,80$).Finally we found a very nice place in Pemuteran for 9 euro per person
Next day,the sun is up, we go for snorkling in the reefs. Rented a small boat from a local fisherman.It was beautiful. Rested a little bit and drove to Lovina.
Looked at the sunset from the terras off Seebreeze. You can get 100 years old here, so peacefull.
We stayed at Nirwana Hotel in front off the beach (6 euro per person).
Next day, in the morning we visited the hotsprings in Banjar. You can swim in the hot pools. Later we drove further to Mount Batur but the car decided different.
In Kintamani it broke down again nearby a policestation. This time for good. We called the compagny in Ubud and they picked us up. We just had a quick view from the vulcano and the lake. Back in Ubud save and well under a beautiful starry night I wrote this little memory. Greetings from Ubud Inn !!
Kristel and Frank !!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb