One Year Later


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Nusa Lembongan
October 24th 2016
Published: August 9th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -8.68711, 115.441

One year later and we're back in Indonesia!
It felt like we hadn't left and that it was only yesterday that we were getting married and on our honeymoon.
Although this year we decided to explore Nusa Lembongan and Lombok.
We had heard some good things about Nusa Lembongan and we were looking forward to diving with the manta rays.
Our first night was in Sanur then a quick boat ride to the island. Nusa Lembongan is a nice small island with quite a few things to see and do such as diving, snorkelling, kayaking the mangroves, chilling on the beach and enjoying the stunning views of the blue waters facing Bali. It can all bee seen in one day by hiring a scooter. We stayed there for some time and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately we didn't get to see the Manta Rays but the diving spots were fantastic.
We then moved on to Lombok and set our sights for Senaru which is the main starting location for the trek to Mount Rinjani. We didn't want to do the trek to the summit but we spent the day relaxing, visiting a waterfall and swimming in a disappearing edge pool with rice paddy and sea views. We then moved on to Sengiggi where we based ourselves for two nights and spent the day going on a diving trip to the Gilis. We saw 7 turtles in one dive! We also dived a wreck.
We then relived another part of our honeymoon and returned to Gili Air for two nights. we even stayed in the same accommodation. From there we did one last dive and saw a reef shark hiding under some coral.
On our final night we went back to Ubud and stayed in a really nice accommodation where we relaxed poolside and went in to town for dinner.
Overall it was a great spur of the moment trip and it worked well with our one year anniversary. Who knows when or if we will be back but the memories will always be there!



Additional photos below
Photos: 46, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb