Nusa Ceningan


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Nusa Lembongan
February 26th 2017
Published: March 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Nusa Lembogonan, Nusa Ceningan and Nusa Penida are 3 islands off the east coast of Bali which are easily accessible via bots from Sanur. We decided to have 2 nights in Nusa Ceningnan which is just off Lembogonan. The boats from Sanur Rock up on the North coast and a quick 10 minute trip to the south coast where you cross a bridge (this was closed at the time we went but has just reopened). From here there are some villas up mainly the west coast.
The island is very small and rural, jungley with a few activities and food places. Cliffs are the main bits facing the sea but there are a few beach points such as Secret Point and Blue Lagoon. After arriving via transport arranged by the host of Ocean Villa from Seminyak I went for a walk. You could cover the island in a slow walk at around 2-3 hours. It is very pretty and it was a welcome break from Seminyak. I went down to Secret beach which is a lovely, white sanded, deserted, rocky beach and then basically walked down the south path to Ceningnan cliffs where you have a view of the undiscovered Penida island. I then walked back up to the zip line and the cliff jump at Blue Lagoon and had an afternoon gin and tonic. We ate at Palm Trees Resort which had a bit of everything but I had some fish steamed in Banana leaf which was delicious. The following day we hired a scoot so we could get around Lembogonan. You can easily do it in a day and we went to the Mangroves where there are lots of activities, stopped off in a lovely vegan deli in the main town and then went to Dream Beach... Which is literally "Dream Beach" with an infinity pool, blue seas and white sands. We arrived back in Ceningnan before sunset and ate at the Pirate Beach Club, which was both beautiful and enjoyable. The following day was a chill out by the pool and then transport back home. Overall the little expedition was really nice and I think that within the next few years this is going to be "the place to go" especially for couples backpackers wanting to get away. Once you get to the island it is cheap but getting there is a bit of an expense. It was very pretty and so untouched, perfect times to read books, chill and beach before heading back to hustle and bustle!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0719s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb