New addition to the family


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
June 25th 2006
Published: July 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Slept in and rang Jimy at midday to see if he fancied a bite to eat... hoping he'd show me some tasty local off-the-beaten-track eateries. He turned up in his amazing LandRanger, a wicked machine that him and the lads had been doing up up for months. Heads turned left, right and centre as we drove down through the packed streets and - believe it or not - I felt, (though probably didn't look), very cool. We stopped at the beach to watch the girls and then onto a fabulous Javanese restaurant before heading back to his for coffee.

It's interesting watching the lads interact, Jimy, being the oldest, has an almost fatherly respect given to him by the other lads - a age-heirarchy that follows down the line of friends until you reach Abdin (Jimy's youngest brother), who 'reports' to all those above. It was because of this that Abdin had no problem in carrying out Jimy's request to give me a motorbike tour around Kuta, so we scootered off seeing the sights and me snapping away on the camera. It felt really special being a guest and one that was older than Abdin when he followed the social graces of the country by continually referring to me as 'Brother Rick' in Indonesian.

Honoured.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Hindu-RickHindu-Rick
Hindu-Rick

Sarong and head scarf must be worn to enter the temples
Hindu-RickHindu-Rick
Hindu-Rick

Sarong and head scarf must be worn to enter the temples


Tot: 0.255s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 27; qc: 116; dbt: 0.164s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb