Bali - Take 2!


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
August 24th 2011
Published: September 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 11th August - Thursday 18th August



A lovely week in Oz!!

Friday 19th August


Arrive back into Bali.
Enjoyed a lovely nasi campur! Chilled at the hotel before heading out to the beach for a beautiful seafood dinner.

Saturday 20th August


Meet up with Michelle to get over ourselves. We did.
We were offered all sorts on our way to lunch; taxi, motorbike, viagara, batteries (unbeknownst to naive us these batteries were actually drugs - don't think our travel stereo would enjoy speed!)
Chilled by the pool and then went out for dinner, of what I can remember it was delicious!
Don't remember too much but vividly remember being mesmerised by girls posing as dolls in shop windows...very odd. Jason also whipped out a rather hilarious robot impression.
Great night at Sky bar.

Sunday 21st August


Went to the Waterbom park and felt like a 13 year old at Thorpe Park (snuck up there as a kid a few times!) BUT being older I've become lame and couldn't go on the scariest ride..."Climax."
You step into a chamber and the floor drops out from beneath you and then you do an upside down loop before crashing out the end. In fear of losing my bikini and dignity I decided against it and revelled in the fact that I wasn't the only wuss who wouldn't do it....Neil?!

Monday 22nd August


Went to Ubud to check out the..........
They sell the same stuff but without the mania that is in Kuta and the taxi touts delightfully hold up a sign that says "Do you need a taxi?"
Lovely! The constant hassle in Kuta accompanied by the motorbike revving motion (which Michelle initially mistook for knocking on a door..."why do people keep looking at me and knocking?" hahahahahah!!!!) was driving me crazy. You can't walk 10 metres without being asked 7 times for a taxi or grabbed to check out their shop for some genuine fake ray-bans.
Went to one of the salons back in Kuta for some grooming and beautifying...was slightly worried when she whipped out a head torch 😱
Then met the boys for drinks and enjoyed a surreal but delicious dinner in a night club before heading out again.

Tuesday 23rd August


Out for breakfast...in true Aussie style it came with a Bintang.(obvs not for me!) The flood of Bintang "singlets" in Bali is awful...reminds me of when us Brits buy t-shirts and then blazon an inappropriate nick name on the back whilst heading off to Magaluf. Yes I'm being a snob...but both are super tacky. I saw a whole family with an array of bintang vests in different colours...including the toddler. Hmmmm....

Out for duck for a farewell dinner before repacking my pack which amazingly is getting heavier despite sending home loads of dirty clothes...thanks mum.

Taxi to the airport. We think the driver took Michelle's purse out of her rucksack as he returned it to the hotel probably in hope of some cash or a reward. Fortunately it was a fake purse! Taxi drivers in Kuta are extremely tiresome.

Didn't really see to much of "real Bali" and as much as Kuta can be a bit of an Aussie Malaga at times I had a great time! In fact I would probably go back at least 9 times 😱 😱

Much love
X

Ps. Apologies for the lack of photographs! No camera!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb